- 30. May 2018
- Posted by:
- Category: Education & HR, General, News
WeAreDevelopers – World Congress 2018
From 16 to 18 May 2018, the WeAreDevelopers World Congress 2018 – “Woodstock for Developers” – took place at the Austria Center in Vienna. Under the slogan “People Code Future”, more than 8,000 participants from over 70 countries, over 300 tech companies and startups and more than 150 international speakers took part in the largest European Developers Congress and made the Austria Center Vienna into a huge playground for developers.
The technology professionals who took part were inspired by the brightest minds in technology in the form of keynotes, panel discussions, workshops and various talks. International speakers such as Steve Wozniak (Apple co-founder), who opened the conference, Angie Jones (Twitter) and Joseph Sirosh (Corporate Vice President, Artificial Intelligence & Research at Microsoft), Mate Rimac (CEO of Rimac Automobili), Andreas M. Antonopoulos (open blockchain expert) and many more gave exciting insights into the future of technology. This congress is the largest conference in Europe, bringing global technology companies such as Google, Facebook, Microsoft and IBM together with the European developer community. In the course of this congress, the world’s best IT experts and developers were able to exchange ideas, network and learn from each other. The conference is thus a platform for the European and international developer community and highlights important technology topics as well as the latest developments and findings in the industry.
It was an interesting and exciting experience to dive into the world of the developers and take a peek behind the scenes. You could feel the spirit and enthusiasm with which the lecturers talked about coding of all kinds.
During the three days, the following topics were discussed in lectures or workshops:
- Back-end: Microservices – API – Java –.NET – CMS/CMF – Node – PHP – Python – Databases – GoLang – (No)SQL – Rust
- Mastering Mobile: Native / Hybrid Mobile – PWA – iOS – Android – Windows Mobile– Ionic – ReactNative – NativeScript – Xamarin
- DevOps: Product Development – Continuous Integration – Versioning – Testing – Scaling – Test-driven Development – Exploratory Testing
- Blockchain: Decentralisation — Smart Contracts — Identity — Cryptocurrency — Tokenisation
- AI / ML / NLP: Artificial Intelligence – Machine Learning – Natural Language Processing
- VR / AR: Virtual Reality — Augmented Reality — Mixed Reality — Field of View — Immersion
- IoT: Protocols – Hardware to Human – Embedded Systems – Smart Products – Connectivity – Wearables
- Reactive Architecture: RxJs – Firebase – Stream processing – Node – Functional Reactive Programming – Real-Time
- CMS: WordPress – Drupal — Neos CMS — Contenta CMS
- Security: (Pen-)Testing – Hacking – Debugging – Metrics – Privacy – GDPR – Net Neutrality
- Testing: Automated Testing — Continuous Integration — Crowdsourced Testing — Exploratory Testing — Testing as a Service — Regression Testing — Quality Assurance
- Teams 3.0: Evaluating Technology – Managing Tech Teams – Agile – Scrum – Kanban
- More than Facts: Diversity — Work-life Balance — Learning
- Stories: Open-Source — Experience in Software Development
- Executive: Managing Technology – Innovation – Digital Business – Transformation – CEOs – CTOs – CIOs – Tech Managers