Silicon Alps shapes the future of electronic systems
A cluster focus group has been set up around the topics of subsystems, system integration, packaging and process technology, which identifies the relevant activities in this field and highlights regional strengths and development opportunities as the seeds of future cooperation.
The future activities of the group will be closely harmonized with Silicon Austria Labs.
IDENTIFYING, DISPLAYING, COMMUNICATING, NURTURING AND INTERNATIONALIZING THE SILICON ALPS EXPERTISE AND POTENTIAL IN THE FIELDS OF ELECTRONIC SUB-SYSTEMS AND INTEGRATION
How we work together
The work of the group is based on the expertise of its members in various technological areas of competence. Within the group, framework conditions for cooperation, visibility, timely information on funding will be created so that the potential can develop in the direction of exciting applications (Mobility and Transportation, Health & Wellbeing, Smart and Connected Home, Communication Systems, Energy, Security, IoT, Manufacturing/Factory Automation, etc.). The selected area for the visualization of competencies and further development 2019 is „Skiing of the future“.
- Silicon Alps Special Prize „Smart Systems“ in the context of the Matura project competition FH Kärnten (26.04.2019)
- Requirements for a Virtual Demonstrator in the selected area (2019)
- Working group workshops, discussions (2018, 2019)
- Dissemination at the Annual Cluster Conference (Jahresklausur 2018 and 2019)
Industry Chairman: Josef Moser, Innovation & Funding Management, Infineon Technologies Austria AG
Academic Chairman: Johannes Sturm, Professor of Integrated Circuit Design, FH Kärnten
- DI Dr. Thomas Faseth, Senior Researcher, Institute of Integrated Circuits, Johannes Kepler University Linz
- Georg Jakopic, Deputy Director, Joanneum Research Materials, Institute for Surface Technologies and Photonics
- Thomas Jerman, GF BRS (Bright Red System GmbH)
- Elke Kraker, wissenschaftl. Mitarbeiterin, MCL (Material Center Leoben Forschung GmbH)
- Christian Lederer, VP Engineering Embedded Systems, CISC Semiconductor GmbH
- Gernot Oreski, Senior Researcher PCCL (Polymer Competence Center Leoben GmbH)
- Markus Pistauer, President, CEO, CISC Semiconductor Corp.
- DI Manfred Preitnegger, Cluster Manager Power Electronics, Silicon Austria Labs Gründung
- Markus Puff, Vice President, EPCOS OHG A TDK Group Company
- Josef Moser, Innovation & Funding Management, Infineon Technologies Austria AG
- Jan Steinbrener, Senior Researcher Smart Systems, CTR (Carinthian Tech Research)
- Johannes Sturm, Professor of Integrated Circuit Design, FH Kärnten
- Christian Vockenberger, Head of Product Management & Design, AT & S (Austria Technologie & Systemtechnik AG)
- Andreas Sibrai, GM, Sibrai Electronics
- DI Gerald Weis, AT & S (Austria Technologie & Systemtechnik AG)
Past activities and recent focus
Main activities and analyses 2018
- Kick-off Meeting February 2018
- Follow-up Meeting (17 Mai, 9.00-11.00, Leoben).
- „Best Practice – Lernen aus den Erfolgsformaten anderer nationalen und Europäischen Cluster“ – Presentation in the Follow-Up Meeting
- Silicon Alps SpotLight: „Materialforschung für die Mikroelektronik in Leoben“ – 17.05.2017. See the report on: https://www.silicon-alps.at/spotlight-materials-research-for-microelectronics/
- Preparation of the information campaign for the Maturaprojektwettbewerb of the FH Kärnten: