RFIDSilicon Alps Region - Home of RFID and NFC
The development of RFID technology has a long tradition in Southern Austria. There is a collection of world leading companies with a high reputation in the industry.
More than 50 % of the RFID chips in use worldwide were developed in Styria.
Almost all companies are internationally active and employ around 2,000 people. The export share of the Styrian industry is over 90 %. World brands like Mifare, Hitag, Legic were made by Styrian companies to what they are today.
The management of the group by the co-operation partner 2be1 Consulting has in Dominik Berger a veteran of the development of the technology on board. He will decisively influence the fate and results of the group and drive the activities forward.
…to raise awareness for the RFID technology and bring use cases an best practice applications to the people!
The Cluster Focus Group works on five work packages on various topics.
– That WP1 Trust is strongly linked to the cross-cutting issue of awareness for RFID. The topics “Trust” and “Privacy” will be worked on by the participants which will contribute to branding the region. With various campaigns and actions, the cluster also contributes to raising public awareness.
– The members of WP2 Events are actively trying to play on existing events / conferences and bring them to the region. The RFID Saxony tag, the NFC trade conference, RFID Tomorrow, TEDx or also iEEE Events stand here on the agenda. The idea is to attach oneself to an existing format in order to create a greater impact. Furthermore, a joint appearance at relevant trade fairs is planned in order to give the region more visibility on the topic of RFID on a national, European and international level.
– In WP3 a competence map will be created, which shows and categorizes all relevant players of the region. At the end, the integrators and the manufacturers will produce a comprehensive compass on the subject of RFID, which will serve as a contact point and information portal. A kind of one-stop shop for all interested parties. The construct should provide information via several access points and transparently show which competences and know-how are available in the region. An industrialist who wants to deal with the topic should be presented with a solution or several solution options by entering a few pieces of information.
– The film to be produced, WP4, is intended to provide an emotional insight into the spirits of the technical founding fathers of the technology through classic storytelling. After the storyline has been designed in advance, free interviews become a retrospective into the history of technology. The strong regional reference always resonates with this founding hytos.
– The aim of WP5 is to promote joint research activities, define starting points and create joint opportunities.
The solution WP consulting came up with combined cutting edge technology with real world practicality. Everyone knew that the systems had to be updated, the real challenge was updating them without disrupting the whole organization in a negative way. The solution was to introduce proper workload management done through computers, while providing mobile platforms to the stakeholders.
This allowed the workers to be involved in the job instead of feeling like they had been made redundant by technology.
- Dominik Berger – 2be1
- Michael Jerne – NXP
- Josef Preishuber-Pfluegl – CISC
- Ralph Weissenegger – CISC
- Herwig Zeiner – Joanneum
- Jasmin Grosinger – TU Graz
- Christian Kittl – Evolaris
- Gerald Holweg – Infineon
- Matthias Weitlaner – erfideo
- Angelika Weber – Axtesys
- Sabine Sill – Sill Consult
- Roland Gorges – Klinikum Graz
- Gerald Sodl – Tourisvis
- Helmut Wöllik – FH Kärnten
- Richard McPartland – ams
- Herwig Fartek – meds
- Udo Traussnigg – FH CAMPUS 02