- 24. January 2022
- Posted by:
- Category: General
Condition monitoring & predictive maintenance represents one of the main topics of the CFG Smart Systems and Systems Integration. A team has been built to advance the subject matter within the cluster and beyond. These members meet regularly to discuss the development in this field and initiate cooperation projects.
In the online workshop organized by Silicon Alps in cooperation with AT Styria on 10th 2022, we continued the exploration of wireless transmission and the passage from condition monitoring to predictive maintenance.
The keynote of Johannes Horvath (Analog Devices) explained the way the wireless connection worked and emphasized some problems in real-world applications while also checking the validity of some widespread beliefs in this field (Myths and Facts check).
In the second keynote Wolfgang Mühleisen (Silicon Austria Labs) focused on the cases and problems of condition monitoring and highlighted its importance for the building of an accurate database für predictive maintenance. The innovation potential of modelling for predictive maintenance as a complex process has also been highlighted.
Presentations can be downloaded here:
- Johannes Horvath, Field Application Engineer, Analog Devices: Wie funktioniert drahtlose Übertragung. Grundsätzliche Probleme, Reichweite, Bandbreite, Leistungsaufnahme/Verbrauch, wie hängen diese zusammen. Welche Probleme gibt es in der realen Welt
- Wolfgang Muehleisen, Scientist Sensor Applications, Sensor Systems, Silicon Austria Labs: “From Condition Monitoring to Predictive Maintenance in Photovoltaics”
The impulses should encourage cooperation ideas in future projects. We have been happy to welcome new members in the Group “Condition Monitoring and Predictive Maintenance” and learn about their research and business focus.
- Mathias Brandstättter, Joanneum Research Robotics: Presentation here
- Markus Setschnagg, XAUTOMATA – Presentation here
- What are the most important technology components of condition monitoring and to what extent are they represented in our group as a basis for cooperation? => Short survey: Providers and Users of Condition Monitoring – coming soon
- Which problem hasn’t been solved satisfactorily so far and is suitable for further exploration => Collection and prioritization of main problems/Challenges to follow-up cooperation activities, currently open in Acceptify
We are looking forward to your interest in this topic and your cooperation ideas!