- 15. July 2021
- Posted by:
- Category: General
Experts Brunch 2021
Get together for Light Up the A.L.P.S.
It has been a great pleasure to meet our partners face-to-face at last!
Founded three to four years ago, the four Silicon Alps cluster focus groups RFID, Smart Systems and Systems Integration, Cleanroom & Technology and Cyber Security bring together experts from industry and science on EBS topics of high relevance for the region. They represent one key Silicon Alps cluster tool to initiate and enhance the cooperation for outstanding innovation in the field of Electronics Based Systems.
The Experts Brunch on July 2nd at the picturesque Seepark Hotel in Klagenfurt represented the starting point of a series of (hopefully live) events in which the success stories of cluster focus groups, as well as the focal points for future cooperation, will be presented and intensively discussed.
The program comprehensively and dynamically took snapshots on collaborative success stories and methods of the groups, provided outstanding information on the European competitive funding. The engagement of the speakers representing the four cluster focus groups was phenomenal! Josef Hackl and Roland Pufitsch represented the cluster focus group Cleanroom & Technology and in particular the Expert Forum: Cleanroom Technologies against COVID-19. Michael Jerne and Herwig Zeiner spoke for RFID, also presenting activities relevant for Cybersecurity. Alfred Binder, Gerald Weis and Thomas Saier represented the Smart Systems and Systems Integration. The dynamic presentations of our dear partners involved in the cluster focus groups strongly conveyed the Silicon Alps “group” spirit. This showed once more the high social cohesion of the Silicon Alps community and the strong feeling of “belonging”.
- Josef Hackl, CEO WILD Group
- Roland Pufitsch, CEO Silent Quo GmbH
- Michael Jerne, Director External Relations, NXP
- Alfred Binder, Head of Research Unit Heterogeneous Integration Technologies, Silicon Austria Labs
- Gerald Weis, Team Leader Hardware Development Center AISS, AT&S
- Thomas Saier, CEO, Edera Safety
- Herwig Zeiner, Institut für Informations- und Kommunikationstechnologien, Joanneum Research
We were very happy about the interesting input and recommendations on competitive European funding for project applications, presented by Michael Kerschbaumer, Project Manager Innovation, SFG
The talks culminated with an all-female panel discussion on how women colleagues in leading technical positions experience project cooperation. Highly interesting questions from the audience completed the lively panel discussion.
Podium discussion on technology innovation with:
- Christina Hirschl, Head of Research Division Sensor Systems & SIT at Silicon Austria Labs,
- Karin Ronijak, Director Global Public R&D Funding at ams
- Ulrike Lackner, Senior Business Developer at Know-Center
- Sara Carniello, CEO k3lab.
- Moderation: Kalina Chakalova, Universität Graz
*Video and photos by www.hbt-media.com
The live event Light Up the A.L.P.S.will take place on September 28, 2021, at the Lakeside Park in Klagenfurt am Wörthersee.
What to expect:
- Discussion and review of all cluster focus group topics for project cooperation
- Opportunity to include new EBS themes with high relevance for the region
- Ideation and exchange of know-how between the Silicon Alps Cluster Focus Groups and cross-cluster in the course of workshops with members from various groups on similar topics