Health Technology - intelligent, networked, reliable and personalized
The technological advances of Electronics-Based Systems, new materials, the Internet of Things, Intelligent Computing and Big Data, as well as the societal challenges in the industrialised world (such as ageing societies, individualisation and pluralisation of lifestyles) have already redefined many technical diagnostics, human monitoring, analytics and Healthy Aging solutions.
As early as 2016 there was a high demand on the part of the Silicons Alps cooperation partners for an intensive discussion of the following questions:
- How is the medical technology industry in Carinthia and Styria reacting to an increasingly mobile and highly personalised health and care sector?
- How can the added value, competitiveness, innovation performance and international visibility of the field in Carinthia and Styria be increased?
- How can the attractiveness of the field for training and career choice be increased through sustainable development measures in the field of health technology?
In 2017, the two clusters “Silicon Alps” and “Human.technology Styria” initiated the “Health Technology” control group to efficiently address the core topic of Electronics Based Systems in Medicine and Active and Healthy Aging (kick-off control workshop on June 27th, 2017, WILD Group, Völkermarkt, Executive Sponsor – WILD Electronics Managing Director Wolfgang Warum).
- Increasing the visibility of the companies and research institutions among each other
- Help partners being ahead of time concerning development and trebnds
- Development of future cooperation opportunities within the group
Smart Health Sessions in the #LetsCluster Conference
The smart health stream was organized in cooperation with Human.technology Styria and DSP Valley and included over 18 talks of renowned companies and institutions, among them many Silicon Alps partners (such as Flex, TDK Electronics, Analog Devices, Yole Developpment, FH Kärnten, Know-Center, Material Center Leoben). International highlights came from Yole Developpment, Health House Leuven, Easics and Verhaert.
The following main areas were covered: Smart Medical Systems and Devices, VR and AR (Health House Leuven), Robotics and Rehabilitation, AAL, Material Development for Health, AI for Health, and Advanced Imaging. A special session dedicated to Patient Data included talks from KAGes and KABEG Villach, T-Systems, KML Vision, Steady Sense, Kaptsch Business Com.
Warm thanks to the moderators of the health sessions: Johan Lecocq (DSP Valley), Johann Harer (Human.technology Styria) and Daniela Krainer (FH Kärnten)
- Medizin trifft Technik: Smarte Technologien für die (Medizin)pflege, Kärnten (June 2019, date to be communicated soon)
- Technology Competence Map Short Updates (2/year)
- AICI Forum Villach: 6-7 December 2029: The AICI Forum Villach aims to cover all aspects of AI in clinical imaging. It will set the stage for state-of-the-art keynotes, translational research presentations, tutorials for imaging scientists, networking, and a panel discussion featuring distinguished experts of different fields. A multidisciplinary audience is expected to discuss on novel AI-based applications, realistic and unrealistic expectations, legal challenges, and how AI can be a force for good. We look forward to your participation: https://www.aici-forum.at/
- Austrian Institute of Technology (AIT) (Human.technology Styria Clusterpartner)
- FH Kärnten
- CNSystems Medizintechnik (Human.technology Styria Clusterpartner)
- Carinthian Tech Research (CTR)
- TDK Electronics
- FH JOANNEUM
- INFINEON TECHNOLOGIES
- JOANNEUM RESEARCH (JR)
- P.SYS caring systems
- TU Graz
- Wild Hi-Precision